Electrical Foreman required for an underground mine in Saudi Arabia. The Electrical Foreman will report to the Maintenance Supervisor and the basic function of the role will be to supervise, direct and carry out a variety of scheduled and unscheduled maintenance, installation and repair of electrical equipment, instruments, A/C installations, distribution and supply systems. The work will cover all industrial and non-industrial facilities.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Supervise the activities of assigned personnel in Electrical Maintenance. Perform supervisory functions at the level established by management for the job
- Oversee maintenance and repair of electrical equipment, systems, installations, etc. This includes obtaining necessary work permits, ensuring proper isolation of work site in accordance with such permits, monitoring progress and checking completed work. Trouble-shooting complex electrical problems
- Prepare drawings of modifications carried out on electrical, A/C and other systems, in cases where the end results differ from initial drawing/specifications
- Assist with the on-the-job training of Electrical and A/C Technicians
- Certify completion of preventive maintenance and repair work, which includes checking work carried out and signing preventive maintenance sheets and work orders
Requirements for the role:
- Completion of Secondary education, plus two years formal training leading to a diploma in general electrical maintenance
- A sound history of working in a similar job in the mining industry
- Good knowledge of English
This position is single status with a one year renewable contract and is offered on an all-found basis, with a tax-free salary package.