We have an opportunity in the UK for a Mine Manager. Our client operates an underground mine and is looking for a Mine Manager with underground mining experience. Candidates should ideally be educated to degree level, have previous experience of hard rock mining and have worked in senior managerial positions, with substantial experience of managing a mine.
Requirements for the role:
- Extensive experience of dealing with contractors and strong project management skills
- High level organisation and communication skills
- Strongly held values in managing/ensuring the health and safety of others
- Capable of leading and developing a multi-disciplined team
- Candidates must have EU residence status
- Safety – responsible for creating and maintaining a safety culture to the Company’s standards
- Workmanship – responsible for ensuring that the mine operates to a consistently high standard
- Teamworking –ensure maximum co-operation with all sections of the workforce
- Works closely with the Mine contractors, external regulatory bodies and the internal supply chain teams
- Instrumental in initiating continuous improvement projects to ensure the mine operates at maximum efficiency and can meet demand targets
- Manages daily operations, ensuring that health, safety, environmental and quality procedures and standards (ISO9002, BS5750, ISO14001, and ISO18001) are maintained and developed
The role is based in the Midlands, with a competitive salary and benefits.