Senior Engineer – Mine Planning required for a mine in Saudi Arabia, to participate in mine expansion and mine development projects.
Responsibilities of the role:
- Reporting to the Mine Superintendent, the function of the role will be to plan and design mine layout and equipment to ensure ore extraction rates are maintained and to ensure mine is designed safely. Supervise the drafting of maps and plans both manually and via Surpac and Whittle software. Supervise and coordinate the surveying.
- Design and schedule mine development to ensure current and future ore production requirements. Design ore extraction from mine. Schedule ore extraction based on production requirements. Analyse stope feasibility, cost analysis to ascertain economical extraction of ore. Evaluate ore zones for optimum mining method and schedule ore production to optimise ore reserves.
- Perform cost analysis for all mining activities.
- Evaluate, design and monitor open-pit. Determine ground support requirements and monitor implementation.
- Safety and Environment (HSE) programs, policies and procedures. Attend regular HSE meetings and conducts such meetings within own area.
Requirements for the role:
- BSc in Mining Engineering or equivalent
- Previous relevant experience working at an open-pit mine
This position is single status with a one year renewable contract and is offered on an all-found basis, with a tax free salary package.