Mining - Processing - Geological - Quarrying
Our client in the Middle East, a diverse mining and minerals company, has an opportunity for an experienced Occupational Health, Safety and Environmental Specialist, to fill their current vacancy of Technical Compliance Manager.
Reporting to the Vice President of the Gold and Base Metals division, the successful applicant will be responsible for the implementation of the company’s Occupational Health Safety and Environment systems.
Job responsibilities include:
• Conducting site surveys and facility inspections to identify potential hazardous conditions and to ensure facility and procedural compliance with applicable regulations.
• Designing, developing and implementing the OH plan, including ensuring the availability of equipment, material and supplies to ensure efficient operations.
• Responsibility for the development of current environmental guidelines.
• Assisting with environmental tasks for site investigation as well as observation and documentation of remedial implementation. Tasks would include field investigations, developing work plans, collection of environmental samples, analysing and reporting data, preparing technical reports and regulatory documented analyses reports.
• Establishing and enforcing safety and occupational health policies/standards and standard loss prevention polices for the company’s operations and related facilities.
• Identifying and evaluating/reviewing environmental studies/problems and offering solutions in accordance with local government regulations EIAs (Env. Impact Assessment Studies), EBS (Env. Baseline Studies) and international regulation i.e. EPA standards etc.
Requirements for the role include:
• Degree or equivalent in Engineering, Environmental or Occupational Health Sciences plus at least 10 years operational experience in the Health, Safety and Environmental field, preferably in the mining industries i.e. (underground & open pit)
• In depth knowledge of cyanide management is a must.
• Excellent level of computer literacy
• Knowledge and experience with the development of Health, Safety and Environmental policies, procedures, instructions, plans and training
• Technical knowledge of industrial hygiene process development and execution, with the relevant certification
• Knowledge of problem investigation, regulatory and internal audit practices and procedures, with the relevant certification
• Knowledge of HSE Analysis and Safety Management Program processes
The role will be based in Saudi Arabia, on a single status basis, with accommodation provided.
Job Application Form
Use the form below to apply for this job. Please fill in as much information as possible to speed up the application process.