If you are a Mining Engineer with gold, precious and base metals experience, you may be interested in a vacancy we have for a Mine Superintendent. This is for our client in Saudi Arabia, a well-established mining company.
Responsibilities of the role:
The role of the Mine Superintendent will be to plan, administer and review the production activities and development of the underground mining operation, to optimise resource use, minimise costs and maintain quality standards for the mine.
In addition you will be:
- Planning production schedules and labour and material input requirements to meet output quantity, quality and timing specifications
- Liaising with the Geology Department, Engineering Department and the Mine Captain to ensure all relevant personnel are aware and understand productivity requirements
- Researching new and improved methods and products for mine production and overseeing the acquisition and installation of new machinery
- Supervising the implementation of Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) programs for the Department
- Attending and providing input to strategy and policy development and review meetings
- Ensuring that the promotion of the company policies and procedures in the underground mine is effective
- Providing independent advice and comments on HSE issues to improve company programs
Requirements for the role:
- BSc Mining Engineering
- Underground mining experience
- International mining Experience
- Good experience and knowledge of ventilation, dewatering, mine planning and optimisation, HSE, Surpac and other mining software
The position is offered on a single status basis.