Our client has a requirement for a Tailings Design Engineer in their London office. This is an excellent opportunity to join a new and expanding specialist technical team, with the opportunity to be involved in international projects with periods of travel overseas.
Responsibilities of the role:
- The Tailings Design Engineer will undertake embankment design and stability analyses, liner design, deposition design.
- Produce storage facility layouts and undertake storage volume and rate of rise calculations.
The above to be carried out under the supervision of senior engineers.
Requirements of the role:
- The candidate will be qualified to a minimum degree level in Civil Engineering, Mining Engineering, Geology or a related subject, preferably with a Masters level or above qualification in Geotechnical Engineering, Soil Mechanics or related subject.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in either the design or operation of tailings facilities.
- A proven capability in any of the following: Civils3D, RiftTD, Slope/W, Slide or similar earthworks modelling or slope stability analysis packages. Familiarity with numerical modelling software such as FLAC or PLAXIS will be an advantage.
- Candidates for the Tailings Design Engineer role must be eligible to work in the UK and be fluent in English. A second language will be viewed favourably.
The company is a well-established group and offers a generous remuneration and profit share structure.