Mine Contract Engineer – UK – PN5454
Ref No: PN5454
We have an immediate opening for a Mine Contract Engineer to work on an open pit mine in the UK. The ideal candidate will have a degree, or equivalent, in Engineering or Quantity Surveying, or related subject, and must have proven experience in Mining, Quarrying or Landfill within a Contractor based Civil Engineering Department. Previous construction experience of large tailings facilities or earth dams is essential along with a comprehensive understanding of all relevant requirements surrounding building permits, environmental regulations, good manufacturing practices and safety on all work assignments.
Candidates must be able to demonstrate a solid background in contract administration and be able to work on own initiative, organising and prioritising own workload to set deadlines, remaining calm under pressure. Attention to detail, accuracy, a consistently ‘right first time’ work ethic and the ability to meet challenging weekly deadlines are essential in this role.
The Mine Contract Engineer will:
• Be responsible for dealing with the day to day contract administration of the Mining Services contract
• Be familiar and up-to-date with open pit and MWF development, the mine plan, its priorities / constraints and associated implications for the mining contract
• Develop and implement strict change control procedures
• Develop and implement systems to recognise, monitor and ensure remediate action for non-compliance events by the mining contractor
• Evaluate comprehensive monthly valuation claims, including volume adjustments, rise and fall adjustments and certify amounts properly due to the contractor
• Prepare cost reports, including liability forecasts, for presentation to the Mine Manager and Operations Director
• Effectively drive procedures for the CQA interface between designer, contractor & competent person
This is a permanent placement and carries a competitive UK salary and benefits package.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB