Tunnel Shift Engineer
Ref No: PN5471
Location: North East England
The Tunnel Shift Engineer will be responsible for the successful completion of the SCL launch Tunnel and TBM tunnel and will be required to work on a 12-hour shift rotation.
Specific responsibilities will be as follows:
• Assistance with the production/review and implementation of ITP’s
• Assistance with the production/review of RAMS for the control of the works
• Implement and ensure compliance with Project Safety Management Systems
• Managing and coordinating the site activities including providing a detailed handover
• Communicate information from RAMS, RESS (Required Excavation and Support Sheet) and other pertinent information to the supervision and work force to ensure full understanding of information provided.
• Provide the engineering control and setting out of the works including profile control during excavation and spraying (SCL works)
• Co-ordinate surveying requirements with the site surveyors, including control establishment, as-built information and convergence monitoring.
• Keep a full and accurate daily site diary
• Liaison with Shift Foremen/Pit Boss to ensure the adherence to safe methods of work and daily programme schedule.
• Promote Management of Change through the use of Point of Work Risk Assessments.
• Liaison with Clients’ representatives on site.
• Sound understanding of engineering drawings and specifications
• Able to identify technical issues and resolve through liaison with the Section Engineer / PIC.
• Setting out and site control
• Implementation of QA control, including production of ITP’s
• Implementation of H&S control, including production of RAMS
• Basic planning / Programming skills
Required Experience and Qualifications:
• Graduate Position
• Some site experience is preferable on large civils infrastructure / structures projects / tunnel projects
• Degree / HND in Civil Engineering / Mining Engineering / Geotechnical Engineering
This permanent position, working for a leading main contractor on a two to three year Tunnelling project, offers an attractive salary and is based in the North East of England. Interested applicants should apply quoting Reference number PN5471.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB