Ref No: BN623
Location: North East England
Our client is urgently seeking a Site Engineer. The purpose of this role is to provide site engineering duties for a number of projects within the region. The Site Engineer will establish the level and survey control for contracts and set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring that checks are made on a regular basis.
- Establish the level and survey control for contracts.
- Set out detailed works as per the contract drawings, ensuring checks are carried out on a regular basis.
- Ensure that records are accurate and comply with organisational and legal requirements.
- Resolve any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise at any time.
- Produce procurement schedules for the jobs and liaise with the procurement department to ensure site have adequate resources to complete the tasks.
- Produce ITP’s and Task Briefings.
- Produce 2 week look ahead in conjunction with the Site Agent.
- Produce Site Diaries and Allocation Sheets
- Promote a Health, safety & environment.
- Comply with company procedures and legal obligations.
- Promote and comply with environmental compliance.
- Deliver the works safely and to deadline.
The successful candidate is likely to meet all of the following criteria:
- Essential Experience of working on National Grid substations up to 400KV.
- Previous experience of setting out, drainage, ducts, earthworks and concrete structures on civil engineering projects.
- Manage ITP and quality check sheets.
- Deliver the works safely and without environmental incidents.
- Ensure work is delivered to the specified quality without defects.
- Assist in the production and implementation of project plans, RAMS, ITP’s and waste management, in line with company procedures.
- Manage technical queries process between site and designer.
- Prepare material requisitions.
- Update construction issue drawings with as-built information.
- Provide information to project planner to update contract programme BESC and Persons Temporary-works co-ordination CSCS NEBOSH or IOSH.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB