Geoscience Data Management Lead
Ref No: PN5479
Location: Europe – based in Home Counties, UK
Our Client is a world leader in the development of data visualisation software and has solutions tailored for the Civil Engineering, Environmental, Mining & Minerals, Energy and Government sector.
To support the rapid growth of our client’s business, we are seeking a highly motivated Geosciences Data Management Lead.
The role is about engaging with customers in the Mining & Minerals, Civil & Environmental and Energy sectors throughout the lifecycle of using our client’s high tech products, in particular starting at the pre-purchase or trial stage through to the implementation phase, training and finally project assistance for experienced product users.
Being hands-on, task oriented and customer focused, this role is responsible for providing well rounded technical support of the Key product platform and partner products followed by training, workflow implementation and consultative project assistance, both online and on-site. Travel will be about 20-40% of your time.
Internally, the role will consistently interact with the local technical services teams as well as IT in order to co-ordinate a fluid and timely support effort as well as exchanging experiences. Further contributing to the big picture, you will also provide feedback to the software development teams to enhance functionality.
Although based in the Home Counties, you will be a part of the global Technical Services team, who are responsible for ensuring cover wide geographical spread, supporting our product users and sales teams through different time zones. The dominant focus of this role will be on the European region, its local customers and the client’s services teams.
In order to be successful in this role, you should have:
- University Degree in Geoscience or Civil Engineering, BSc or higher
- UK residency
- Fluency in English
- Work experience of 5 years in Geoscience and/or Data Management
- Previous experience and/or operational skills in Geoscience or Engineering related 3D modelling software. A nice to have is robust understanding (or user experience) of enterprise systems such as Geomatics, GIS/ESRI, Bentley, Dassault 3DS, Schlumberger Oceans, etc
- Understanding of networking technology or an interest/aptitude in IT
- Strong documentation and presentation skills
- Experience as a teacher or trainer would be a bonus
- Excellent interpersonal skills to build enriching working relationships with team members and clients
- Tenacity, persistence and enthusiastic problem-solving approach
- Interest in the latest technology and innovations in geosciences, civil engineering, energy and environmental sectors
- Ability to enjoy working in a fast paced and constantly changing environment
- Proven team player with a self-starter attitude, ability to work well independently, at times remotely and self-manage workload effectively
- Valid driver’s license and flexibility to travel to remote sites within Europe for short time frames
You will enjoy a competitive salary and benefits package plus you will be part of a fast-paced, innovative and agile organisation which values your professional growth and development.
Please include in your cover letter:
• Right to work in the UK (if any).
• Notice period in your current role (if applicable).
• City where you are currently based.
• Availability for face to face interviews.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB