Principal Geologist – UK
Ref No: PN5480
Location: London, UK
Our client, a well-established, employee owned, global Canadian consultancy group, is looking for a Principal Geologist to become an additional key member of its consulting and advisory team to be based in their recently opened London, UK office.
Our client provides services to the mining industry at all stages of Project Development from exploration and resource evaluation through scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, financing, permitting, construction, operation, closure and rehabilitation.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Mineral Resource estimation using advanced 3D block modelling software
• Assessment, due diligence, and technical auditing of mines and projects
• Report writing and client presentations in English
• Management, leadership and mentoring of other geologists
• Business development
• Mentoring of Junior Geologists
• Essential to have considerable experience in resource estimation ideally between 5-10 years
• Must have chartered status as required to sign off projects
• Must be an experienced advanced software user, including 3D Block modelling and geostatistical software packages
• Registered as a Professional Engineer or Geologist in Canada or the equivalent in the USA, UK, Australia, or South Africa. Chartered status.
• University degree in Geology or Geological Engineering, post graduate degree preferred.
• Able to work and reside in the UK
• Strong and varied experience (large to small company and consulting) with 15-20 years in the industry
• Minimum 5 years of mineral resource estimation and geostatistical analysis using current software package(s)
• Experience in an operating mine, including grade control and reconciliation
• Must be dynamic, self-motivated and demonstrate a determination to excel and commitment to action and be able to transfer these attributes to client(s) and the consulting company’s management and mining engineering team
• Strong analytical skills, communication skills, demonstrated ability to write reports and interact with clients is a must
• Familiar with all international and public disclosure and reporting codes, including NI43-101, JORC, SAMREC, Competent Persons Reports etc.
• Demonstrated leadership and managerial skills
• Fluency in Spanish/French/Mandarin would be helpful
• Travel 15-25% – extended periods is not the norm but may be required on occasion.
• Short-term travel, both in Europe and Africa, often on short notice, will likely be a frequent occurrence
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits program and affords its employees a pleasant working environment in which to grow, both personally and professionally.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today via the form below, with a covering letter and CV. Please quote PN5480 when applying for this position.
In your cover letter, please include your:
• Right to work in the UK (if any)
• Notice period in your current role (if applicable)
• City where you are currently based
• Availability for face to face interviews
APPLY FOR THIS JOB