Principal Mining Engineer – UK
Ref No: PN5481
Location: London, UK
Our client, a well-established, employee owned, global Canadian consultancy group, is looking for a Principal Mining Engineer to become an additional key member of its consulting and advisory team to be based in their recently opened London, UK office.
Our client provides services to the mining industry at all stages of Project Development from exploration and resource evaluation through scoping, pre-feasibility and feasibility studies, financing, permitting, construction, operation, closure and rehabilitation.
Responsibilities of the role:
• Assessment, due diligence and technical auditing of mines and projects
• Underground and/or Open Pit mine design and optimization in a variety of commodities
• Mineral Reserve estimation
• Advanced user of 3D mine design and scheduling software
• Report writing and client presentations
• Management and leadership of other engineers
• Business Development
• Estimation of project capital and operating costs
• Preliminary Economic Assessments, scoping, prefeasibility, and feasibility studies
• Financial modelling and analysis
• Registered or qualified for registration as a Professional Engineer in Canada or the equivalent in the USA, UK, Australia, or South Africa. Chartered status.
• University degree in Mining Engineering with strong financial skills and understanding
• Legally able to work and reside in the UK
• Strong and varied operations experience (large to small company and consulting) with 15-20 years in the industry
• The incumbent must be able to show success in meeting objectives and budgets
• Familiar with international and public disclosure and reporting codes, including NI43-101, JORC, SMREC, Competent Persons Reports, and Mineral Expert Reports etc.
• Operational experience in hard rock mining is essential also in both underground and open pit mining would be ideal
• Must be dynamic, self-motivated and demonstrate a determination to excel and commitment to action and be able to transfer these attributes to client(s) and the consulting company’s management and mining engineering team
• Strong analytical skills, communication skills, demonstrated ability to write reports and interact with clients is a must
• Fluency in Spanish/French/Mandarin would be helpful
• Travel 15-25% – extended periods is not the norm but may be required on occasion.
• Short-term travel, often on short notice, will likely be a frequent occurrence
• Competent in at least one recognized major mining software such as Mine 2, 4D, Whittle, Vulcan, Datamine, Gemcom or Surpac
• Previous experience of working in a consultancy would be helpful
Our client offers a competitive salary and benefits program and affords its employees a pleasant working environment in which to grow, both personally and professionally.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today via the form below with a covering letter and CV. Please quote PN5481 when applying for this position. In your cover letter, please include your:
• Right to work in the UK (if any)
• Notice period in your current role (if applicable)
• City where you are currently based
• Availability for face to face interviews
APPLY FOR THIS JOB