Tunnelling Technical and Commercial Manager
Ref No: PN5483
Our client is seeking a Tunnelling Technical and Commercial Manager to promote their comprehensive range of products for the tunnelling industry initially in the UK and Ireland, progressing on to other countries notably Northern Europe in particular Scandinavia and other overseas English-speaking markets with UK Contractors.
- To Develop, and grow turnover and ensure profitability and maintain existing excellent relationships with key decision makers in top-management, jobsite-level TBM manager/purchaser (among Contractors, OEM, Competitors and other key players). Key sales targets to be met.
- Involvement in regular meetings with senior management of Contractors and JV’s.
- Ensure that Company commercial and marketing strategy is fully executed at technical and commercial level.
- Sell Manufacturers range of products for Tunnel Boring Machine (TBM) projects, following the established success of more than 25 years.
- Continuance of network of relationships to comprehensively understand the UK Tunnel Market, with the help of the manufacturers established partner.
- Provide technical support on the TBM jobsite as well as in meetings.
- Follow UK supply chain, customer needs.
- Ensures, controls and promotes the Company’s image.
- Work on future tunnelling projects with Contractor Joint Ventures and set up meetings with key decision makers. This to include UK contractors working overseas to secure business.
- Follow Product development and of competitor products entering the UK and Eire markets.
- Work with the manufacturer on new product requests from the industry.
- Give technical support to Contractor during design phase in relation with OEM, follow and help Contractor during construction phase.
- Establish commercial partnership with OEM, associations and very active UK Tunnel press.
- Establish with our historical partner a complete list of all UK representative and meet with all important managers, and key persons.
Skills and Competences
The successful candidate with have at least one of the following backgrounds:
- Construction on jobsite (TBM Manager, Operator, Mechanic, Purchaser etc).
- General TBM design department or TBM fluid design department.
- Lubricant related to tunnel industry experience.
In addition, they must have:
- Excellent salesmanship.
- Good knowledge of market trends and developments.
- Good business acumen.
- Good organizational skills and autonomous.
- Self-starter with intrapreneurial mindset.
- Intellectually agile and flexible.
- Results and goals orientated.
- Ready to spend time in the TBM to participate in technical tests.
Microsoft Office Suite.
Must have fluent English and a Scandinavian language an advantage.
- Sensitive to the tunnel construction industry.
- Flexible with schedule.
- Willing to travel frequently (up to 60% of the time).
Competitive salary and benefits commensurate with position offered.
If this sounds like the role for you, apply today with a covering letter and CV. In your cover letter, please include your:
• Right to work in the United Kingdom (if any).
• Notice period in your current role (if applicable).
• City where you are currently based.
• Availability for face to face interviews.
APPLY FOR THIS JOB